Popular Filipino Food
If you are in the Philippines or planning to travel then you must try this Filipino food. I am sure you will like those. These Filipino food are so delicious. Filipino food is influenced by Spanish, Indian, Chinese and Malay.
1. ADOBO – This is the popular one in the Philippines. It’s mainly made with Chicken or pork, Soy sauce, Vinegar and Mixed with the desired vegetable. You can enjoy Adobo with rice.
2. BALUT – It’s a duck embryo and they boil it and eat with vinegar. While you are eating Balut you will see an underdeveloped duck. I try it and taste good.
3. LUMPIA – This is deep-fried spring roll stuffed with minced meat and chopped vegetable. Lumpia is originated from China. The skin is made of thin Lumpia wrapper.
4. KARE KARE –
This is with beef or pork meat small pieces with peanut butter. To make this they first cook meats with lots of water and then they cook it with gravy, vegetables, and peanut butter. This dish can be made with seafood as well but name with being seafood, Kare Kare.
5. CASSAVA CAKE – If you are looking for some best Filipino dessert then you should try Cassava cake. This is made of cassava flour, condensed and coconut milk.
6. HALO HALO – This is a dessert and made of mixed ice cream, creamer and crushed ice. There will be also Kidney beans, chickpeas, coconut gel, sugar palm fruit, Pinipig rice, and jack fruit. So all together mix.
7. SINIGANG – It’s a meat soup with some vegetables. It’s sour in taste because of Tamarind. Most of the times meat will be with Pork. But it can be with chicken, seafood, and beef. And the main vegetables will be tomato, Onion, garlic, eggplant, radish, long green pepper, Spinich, and Ladyfinger.
8. KINI LAW – It’s a raw fish salad and served with Filipino lime and vinegar. The word Kenilaw means eating raw.
9. LECHON – It’s a pig dish. Made by roasting the whole pig for a long time on charcoal. Lechon is a Spanish word means roasting a suckling pig.
10. SISIG – This dish is made of pig head by chopping it. Sisig is a very popular snack while drinking in the Philippines. It can also be eaten with rice. Sisig served in a hot plate with a fried egg.
♥♣♥ HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING READING ABOUT FILIPINO FOOD ♥ ♠ ♥
11. ARROZ CALDO – This dish is made with juicy rice and any kind of meat. It is also mixed with onions, garlic, egg, and ginger. Arroz Caldo is seasoned with a tiny piece of fried garlic and chopped the green onion.
12. CHICKEN INASAL – It’s a roasted chicken and served with rice. The chicken is juicy and easy to eat. Chicken marinated with garlic, bay leaf, Onion, Black pepper, Soy sauce and Patis(fish sauce).
13. GINATAANG GULAY –
Its mix vegetables with coconut milk. Vegetables include squash and string beans. You can also find some shrimps and little pork in Ginataang Gulay.
14. INIHAW NA LIEMPO – it’s a marinated juicy pork belly that is grilled. You can choose what sauce you like with this.you can try soy, fish and garlic sauce.
15. DINUGUAN – This dish is made of pork blood. This is coked with pork meat, onion, garlic, and chili.
16. PANCIT – These are the noodles with some vegetables like carrots, cabbage, and long beans. It also has meat and most of the time its pork.
You can find so many varieties of Pancit in the Philippines. And some of them are –
♦ SOTANGHON GUISADO – Its also known as rice noodles. This will be with chicken.
♦CRISPY NOODLES – with chicken and shrimps.
♦ PANCIT BIHON – Rice noodles with pork and chicken.
♦ PANCIT CANTON – Flour sticky noodles, pork, shrimps and Chinese sausage.
♦ PANCIT MIKI GUISADO – Miki noodles with pork belly and chicken breast.
17. BULALO – The main ingredient in this dish is Bulalo is Beef. And its made by cooking beef shanks and marrow bones. Other items in this dish are Chinese cabbage, corn, fish sauce, Garlic, Onion, and Potato. This Dish has light-colored buttery soup. Beef parts are cook until they remove all the fats.
18. PINEAPPLE CHICKEN AFRITADA –
This dish is originated from Spain. It contains chicken with lots of vegetables and tomato sauce. what all include in Chicken Afritada is Potatoes, Onions, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Gren beans, Pineapple, chicken, and tomato sauce. This dish is so colorful and delicious.
19. CHICHARON – This is a snack and made by frying pork skin. Most of the time Chicaron in consumed while drinking in the Philippines. You can easily find it in the supermarket or on the street. It’s little salty in taste and its so crispy.
20.FILIPINO SPAGHETTI – This is also known as sweet Spaghetti because it made of with sweet Banana sauce or Brown sugar. Filipino spaghetti is usually topped with sliced Hotdog, ground meat( mainly beef) and grated Cheese.
So this is my post about popular Filipino food.
OTHERS PHILIPPINES POST –