Camp john hay in Baguio
Camp john hay in Baguio is one of the popular tourist attractions and located in south eastern side of Baguio. Total area of this place is 690 hectare. There are lots of things to see in Camp john hay. This place is surrounded by many pines trees. Let’s start with its history.
Camp john hay in Baguio is established in 25th October 1903 by Captain Robert Rudd. Before it was rest and recreation place for US armed forced. During world war 2nd 72 bombs was released by japan army in this place. After Camp john hay in Baguio became camp for American. In 1991 Philippine government got this place officially from American. Then after Philippine government turn Camp john hay in Baguio as popular tourist place.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN CAMP JOHN HAY IN BAGUIO –
There are lots of things to do and see in this place, if you want to wish enjoy all of them just give your 8 to 10 hours only.
- GOLF COURSE – If you love playing golf then just come here. Golf course here is very big.
- TREETOP ADVENTURE RIDES –It’s for adventure lovers. Here you can do many rides like –
The Superman Ride (zip line) – PH Pesos 300.
Canopy Ride – 350.
Tree Drop – 150.
Tracking and skywalk – 100.
All prices are in Pilipino pesos.
- BUTTERFLY SANCTUARY –Must visit place with your kids. Here you will find many species of butterflies, with their production. Means you will see here how’s small larva became a butterflies.
- BELL HOUSE –This place was an official vacation residence of commander general of Philippines. This place were named as bell house on behalf of major general “Franklin Bell” .But today it’s transferred to a beautiful museum.
Outside of Bell house there is bell amphitheater that has a beautiful view with Italian style garden. Bell amphitheater is popular for wedding photo shoot and others events.
- CEMETERY OF NEGATIVISM –Here you will see many statutes of animals on cemetery and no dead bodies buried here. This place is also known as Lost Cemetery. This place motivates you to leave bad emotions, thoughts and attitude.
MORE THINGS TO SEE AND DO –
- PICNIC –Camp john hay in Baguio is a famous picnic spot of locals in weekends. You can also enjoy picnic here with your loved ones.
- THE MANOR –This is a five star hotel in Camp john hay with nice architecture.
- THE TOTEM POLE –This is a big statue made of only heads together in one line. These heads are of those people who have helped a lot to make Camp john hay and Baguio City.
- SECRET GARDEN –A garden with varieties of plants and flower with many pines trees.
ENTRANCE FEE –
Philippine national – 48 Pesos
Others – 75
Loakan Road, Baguio City 2600 Philippines
HOW TO REACH HERE –
BY JEEPNEY – Ride a jeepney going to Scout Barrio it will cost you 8.5 Pesos.
BY TAXI – Tell driver Camp john hay , if you are coming from session road the fare will be more than 70 Pesos.
POPULAR PLACES NEAR CAMP JOHN HAY IN BAGUIO –
Philippine Military Academy -1.1 KM
Pink Sisters’ Convent and Chapel – 2
Good Shepherd Convent – 2
Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral -2.5
Wright Park – 1.3
Botanical Garden – 1.8
Burnham Park – 2.7
The Mansion – 1.6