Burnham Park in Baguio
Burnham Park in Baguio is one of the popular tourist attractions. It’s also known as “Burnham Park Reservation”. You can do many activates in Burnham park in Baguio like boating, skating, many indoor and outdoor games and cycling. In day time you can see lots of people here.
Baguio’s City Environment and Parks Management Office (CEPMO) are responsible for the maintenance and operation of Burnham Park in Baguio.
In this park some activities are prohibited due to an order of Administration, which was passed in 2015.
- No smoking and drinking
- No manicure and pedicure
Burnham Park in Baguio was designed by American architect “Daniel Burnham” in 1905. Who also plan Baguio city.
Now where Park is situated this place was known as Baguio Meadow before. But due to “Daniel Burnham” this park named changed. You can see a bust of Mr. Daniel here as well.
On 10th February 1995 an order passed by Philippines president Mr. Fidel Ramos. By this order all charge of administration, maintenance, and management of Burnham park in Baguio will transferred to Baguio city government from Philippine Tourism Authority.
And on 10th January 2008 Philippines president Miss. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo pass an order which give full control of park to Baguio city government .
THINGS TO DO AND SEE BURNHAM PARK IN BAGUIO
- Athletic Bowl – This is a track field. So you do running here.
- Burnham Lake – This is the most popular tourist spot here. This is also known as city pound. It’s a man-made lake. The depth of water is 3.04 meter in this lake. So you can enjoy boating here.
- Children’s playground – There is also children play area in Burnham Park in Baguio.
- Orchidarium – Here you will see many varieties’ of orchids and other types of flowers.
- Avong Ibaloi Heritage Garden – This garden is situated middle of children play area and Orchidarium. This park shows the culture of Ibaloi people.
- Igorot Park – This is a small park and have five people statue of Igorot people.
- Melvin Jones Grandstand – In this you can see football matches, live concerts and parades. This place is favorite of teenager. I saw many teenager practicing dancing here.
- Rose Garden – In this garden you can see dancing fountain.
- Rental bicycles – If you enjoy riding bicycles then come to Burnham Park in Baguio. You will have enough space to ride.
- Skates – They have enough space for skates as well.
- Many types of trees and flowers.
- Amusement park.
- Picnic Grove – This place is popular for picnic.
- Sunshine Park.
HOTELS NEAR BURNHAM PARK BAGUIO
- BAGUIO BURNHAM SUITES
- PALADIN HOTEL
- EUROTEL BAGUIO
- BAGUIO HOLIDAY VILLAS
- GOLDEN PINE HOTEL
- PARAGON HOTEL AND SUITES
Yes Burnham Park in Baguio has parking space.
Jose Abad Santos Dr, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Open 24 hours
HOW TO REACH HERE
Bguio public market. You can easily reach here by Jeepney or taxi.